My hands look old, although I am under 50, as I have no subcutaneous fat in this region. Interested in fat injections.

What is the down time and where is the fat taken from. Who in my area does this procedure. How safe is it, I work with my hands and could not imagine living without the indefinite use of these precious appendages. They just make me feel old.
Click here to search for board certified surgeons in your area.

Smoothing the back of the hands with fat injection is a very nice way to rejuvenate

Smoothing the back of the hands with fat injection is a very nice way to rejuvenate the appearance of this area. The veins and tendons are hidden and the skin quality also improves.

Hand rejuvination

Fat transfer or injectable fillers can be used to add volume to the skin on the back of the hands. The skin itself can also be improved greatly though the use of BBL and Skin tight. Other great technologies for age related skin changes

Good luck

Thomas Buonassisi, MD
Vancouver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hand Rejuvenation -- Fat Injections/PRP, Radiesse/Belotero, Fraxel

Hands can be improved with fillers very easily, and I love combining this with fraxel to tighten and improve texture.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Fat grafting to the hands

Small volume fat transfer to the hands taken from the abdomen or any other area with excess adipose tissue can soften the appearance of bony,  wrinkled or prominent vein laden hands.  The procedure can be performed in the office using local anesthetic in less than an hour.  I routinely add fat grafting to the hands for patients undergoing face lift and fat grafting to the face, as it makes the hands we see match our rejuvenated faces. I have had no complications and satisfied patients in over 100 fat transfer procedures to the hands

Pat transfer to the hands is safely done.

In my limited experience of less than 20 patients with fat transfer to the hands, every one of them is pleased with the cosmetic results. There have been NO complications whatsoever and there are no visible scars on the hands. The fat can be harvested from any area of the body, so long as it is prepared for grafting in a very gentle manner.

Sheldon Lincenberg, MD

Fat Grating to the hands

Fat grafting to the hands is a good procedure to help conceal the tendons, prominence of knuckes, and veins in the hands.  The fat can be taken from anywhere in the body that has excess fat.  Common donor sites include the abdomen, hips, flanks, outer thighs.  This is a safe procedure that doesn't require any big incisions and all the fat is grafted through small puncture sites in the hand.  The major downtime is 1-2 weeks where you should limit how much you are doing with your hands to only really necessary activities and it can take 3-4 months until you seen the final result and shape.  I am not sure who performs this in your area but surgeons who routinely perform fat injections will likely also perform fat injections to the hands.

Dino R. Elyassnia, MD