10 year old pigmentation on legs due to insect bites when I was a kid & they lightened by years? 27, female (Photos)

Hi I supposed have revlite qswitch on my leg pigmentation but their machine brokedown. Not sure f ill go there again. I had my veins checked scleroteraphy was advice and going to get it treat very soon. Now my pigmentation scars on legs I'm confused what to do if laser would be the best which is I'm desperately to do it very soon. I really need ur help if which is best for my scars. I tried whitening lotion and bio oil but didn't notice much. But it lighted by years. Thank you!

Hyperpigmentation

Some people are prone to hyperpigmentation due to their skin type and tone (darker or tan skin tones are more likely to hyperpigment).  These areas can take years to resolve and may not go away completely.  You should be very cautious with sclerotherapy for your leg veins because you may end up with hyperpigmentation over the closed veins and injection sites.  I recommend trying a patch test somewhere that is less noticeable.  You may also want to go somewhere that offers glycerin injections as that seems to cause less hyperpigmentation than Polidocanol or Sotradecol.

Atlanta Physician

Hyperpigmentation Treatment

It looks like you may have PIH:  post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation.  It may fade on its’ own, which can take months or even years in some cases.  You might be able to speed the clearance with prescription skin care products or laser treatments with a PicoSure FOCUS laser.   I recommend that you do not do any further laser hair removal sessions unless it is in a medical setting where they are using current technology and experienced, licensed practitioners.

Laura Riehm, MD
Fort Worth Physician