Acne scar; what are the natural ways of triggering the production of collagen? (Photo)

I had an acne breakout due to the inflammation of the acne on the forehead and that gave rise to an atropic scar , i think it is a shallow rolling scar coz it is pretty much superficial not that deep and the depression is semicircular, my question is if it is a shallow rolling scar does it gets fade away over a period of time by the production of collagen under the scar , if so what are the natural ways of triggering the production of collagen?

Acne Scars on Face/Body -- Lasers (Fraxel, Co2, Erbium), TCA Cross, Microneedling/PRP, Subcision, Fillers, Tattooing, Surgery to

These types of scars are best treated with a combination therapy that includes lasers, microneedling and fillers. These processes will help trigger collagen production, to fill out the scars. Fillers will also even out the skin and fill in depressions. Please see an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Acne Scars and Collagen

There are a few ways to produce new collagen in scars. Injections of Sculptra and Restylane can help create new collagen. Lasers such as Fraxel, eMatrix, BBL, and Thermage all produce new collagen and rejuvenate the skin. Please consult an expert. Best, De. Green

Atrophic Forehead Scar

For your atrophic scar it basically looks like it is similar to a boxcar scar . What you need is at least some lasering and maybe even some volumizing . Because it's a solitary lesion the other option is considering to excise it . But the challenge with that is that it's an excisional approach and you will have a new scar although better. Breaking up that linear scar would be a good idea and I would consider doing some sort of pattern to hide the scar. But there are other risks with cutting them out as well. If you want avoid cutting them out then I would do a multiple-step approach to improve for your scar and treat multiple layers at one time.

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon