Can you tell which type of ance scar is on my face and which treatment is best? (Photo)

also have brown patches and pimples

TCA CROSS, then erbium or INFINI RF

With your skin type, you have several safe options. If you use TCA, you will raise the deeper pores and acne scars. 

Like others, I prefer to use a combination of methods including TCA, eMatrix, erbium laser and INFINI to achieve the best results. 

See attached web reference for how I treat scars in ethnic or darker skin types. 

Dr Davin Lim
Laser, surgical and aesthetic dermatologist
Brisbane, Australia

Brisbane Dermatologist

Acne Scars and Brown Spots on Face

You would benefit from a combination of hydroquinones and chemical peels for the pigmentation followed by eMatrix for the scars.  It will take up to a year to improve all of the problems including texture, pigmentation, and scarring.  Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

Michele S. Green, MD

Hidef Acne Scar Protocol for all skin types

I would recommend our exclusive Hidef Acne Scar Protocol that includes Ematrix RF, fractional laser, ablative lasers, skin resurfacing, subcision, fillers, and light chemical peels to help smooth out the skin. 

Dr. Karamanoukian
@kareplasticsurgery on Instagram

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Acne scars face

You are correct in understanding that acne scars are treated based upon their type. Looking at your picture I see superficial pits, hyperpigmented macules, and a single deep saucer scar. The acne pits can be treated with ablative or non-ablative laser, microneedling or chemical peeling. The deep saucer shaped scar would respond to subcision, RF microneedling (infini), or fillers. Due to the color of your skin, pretreatment with bleaching creams is suggested. Find a doctor who is an acne scar specialist. Ask to see photos. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Jeffrey Rapaport, MD
Englewood Dermatologic Surgeon

Ice-pick Scars from Acne

Ideally, you should get your acne under control before pursuing the treatment of your scars.  

A fractional laser such as the Lux 1540 or a Fraxel would be ideal for the treatment of your scars.  It will take several treatments (3-6 typically) to remove the scars and regenerate new collagen to have smoother skin.

A chemical peel such as Jessner's/TCA is another option.  The wound care is trickier afterwards, especially if your acne isn't under control before you begin.  

Marla M. Klein, MD
Lake Oswego Dermatologic Surgeon