I don't want to go with laser on my face. Will alone prp injections work for acne scars ?

Hello! I am 27 years old. I've mild acne scars on my face. My doctored suggested me 2 sessions of prp injections and 4 sessions of co2 fractional laser. I don't want to go with lasers on my face. I want to know if alone prp injections can make my face better and work on scars ? Thank you !

Treating Acne scars without lasers using PRP - Microneedling NYC

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I have great results from both Fraxel and EMatrix to treat acne scars. If you are not interested in having lasers you should consider Microneedling with PRP. This technique can give you great results with any skin color with most types of acne scars. Best, Dr. Green

PRP for acne scars. Englewood Cliffs, NJ

In my opinion, PRP alone will work well for acne discoloration . These are the red areas that are left after acne has cleared. If the scars are very superficial , injection of PRP may be helpful. If they are depressed or atrophic, PRP alone will not lift the scars. You may consider two things. First is to use PRP with subcision. This has the ability to raise depressed scars. Second, you may want to consider using PRP with micro-needling. A recent study revealed that micro needling can give the same results as non-ablative lasers with less downtime. Look for an acne scar expert. Ask to see photos. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Jeffrey Rapaport, MD
Englewood Dermatologic Surgeon

Treating Acne Scars

Lasers can be very helpful in reducing the appearance of acne scars, but if you are not interested in that, micro needling can be a great alternative to lasers.  The needles not only stimulate a wound response to encourage remodeling of the scar tissue, but they also create micro channels in the skin that enable the PRP to penetrate deeper into the skin when applied topically.  This can work well with PRP injections.  A multiple modality approach will usually optimize your outcome.