Is 8% Hydroquinone Safe to Use on Both Full Legs for a Long Period of Time?

I have extensive hyperpigmented scarring on both of my legs from years of shaving (my skin is super sensitive). I have used 4% hydroquinone for the last six months but it has not lessened the patchiness of the skin. I am considering using 8% hydroquinone. If I use it on the large surface area of the legs for a few months will it be harmful? Is it safe to use for such a long time on such a large area?

Avoid the use of 8% hydroquinone topically

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I don't recommend the use of 8% hydroquiinone. 

Sometimes, it takes up to 3 cycles of skin growth, 180 days each, for the hyperpigmentation to fade, if at all, without adjunctive therapy:

There are some topical creams that we use for patients with hyperpigmentation from a myriad of causes in the legs: from venous insufficiency, following wounding, following surgery, following sclerotherapy ...

We recommend Sclerovase and Scleroquin plus topical creams.

You can add retinoid RR Complex Retinoid Repair Cream as well. 

Scler-x post inflammatory hyperigmentation relief complex is a great supplement to take as well. See link below.