What treatment(s) do you recommend for cellulite? I would say it is severe.

I was wondering what treatment a ps would recommend to help with cellulite?. I'm scheduled for tt and bl/Aug in a few months. I'm not sure I will be happy with results since my thighs bother me too. Trying to find out any treatments that would be recommended.

Cellulite removal

Your cellulite problem is a common one. Fortunately, finally there are effective ways to minimize this problem. Perhaps the least invasive one is  Cellfina™. Cellfina is the only FDA-cleared minimally invasive, one-time procedure clinically proven to improve the appearance of cellulite for at least two years—the longest FDA-cleared duration for a cellulite treatment. A straightforward solution to cellulite, Cellfina™, combines a proven approach with innovative, proprietary technology, to produce precise, long-lasting results and has a high satisfaction rating on RealSelf. Together with Velashape 3, a non invasive procedure to help "shrink wrap the skin" and further minimize cellulite as a combination treatment is perhaps your best chance for taking care of this tough problem. Cellulaze is also a possible treatment but much more invasive

Best Options?

For treating #cellulite, my office typically recommends one of three treatment plans: #Cellfina, #VelaShape III, #ThremiSmooth.

#Cellfina is the newest technology and probably most effective. It is a minimally invasive one-time procedure under local anesthetic that removes the fibrous bands under the skin that cause fat to bulge through creating the appearance of cellulite. The results are fairly #permanent.

#VelaShape and #ThermiSmooth are #non-invasive #bodyshaping products that can help reduce the appearance of your cellulite over the course of multiple sessions.

Book an in-person consultation with a #BoardCertified #PlasticSurgeon to determine which treatment plan is right for you.

Best of luck.

Cellulite treatment

We have had good success with Cellfina in treating cellulite. Cellfina is a procedure performed under local anesthesia which allows us to release the fibrous bands responsible for cellulite allowing the skin to "pop" back into position. Over 90% of patients are still pleased with their results three years after treatment of cellulite with Cellfina. Obtain a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon near you experienced in Cellfina for an evaluation and further discussion.

Cellfina / Cellulite Reduction/ Liposuction/ Skin Tightening / BBL/ High Definition Procedures

Cellfina is an FDA approved minimally invasive procedure that reduces the appearance of cellulite for at least two years on the buttocks and back of the thighs of women.
It works by releasing the internal bands that cause the cellulite dimpling and so we have not seen any fat atrophy. You should not see much of a difference with weight gain or loss but this also has not been studied.
Other areas of the body with dimpling, it is important to make sure it is truly cellulite before treatment.

It is common to have swelling bruising and firmness after the procedure. This can last for a few weeks.
It is different than Cellulaze which is a laser.
If you have had previous poor results with cellulaze, you can still do Cellfina.
Cellfina has shown 100% noticeable improvement and 96% satisfaction in all patients at 2 years.
Cellfina is designed to be a one time procedure.
It can be used on women with all skin types but caution should be taken if theres a history of keloiding.

It can also be combined with other treatments such as Thermi or
Ulthera if skin tightening is needed.

We have done Sculpsure and Coolsculpting if fat reduction is wanted, but its best to wait 3 months to see the results before proceeding.

It can also be done at the same time as other procedures such as liposuction and BBL or as a stand alone procedure in the office.

Since Cellfina outcomes can be based on technique and experience, please see a board certified plastic surgeon that specializes body contouring to see if Cellfina or other treatments are available to meet your goals.

Take care,

Dr Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute

The two treatments that work the best for long term cellulite reduction are Cellulaze, a laser lipo treatment that uses a smaller cannula and is able to break up the fibrous bands that hold the fat in place, removes some fat, and helps to tighten the skin.  We have used it for the past few years and some patients have better results than others, based on the elasticity of their skin, severity of their cellulite and expectations.

I have not seen a treatment that completely removes all cellulite.  The latest treatment, Cellfina is an office procedure that also helps to break up the bands that cause the fat to look rippled, but does not offer any fat removal.  It works the best for those who have deep pockets of cellulite on the buttocks.  It does not offer skin tightening or overall contouring.  All other treatments on the market offer only temporary results and require repeat treatments.  I think there is still room for improvement in treating cellulite. I hope this helps.

Steven L. Ringler, MD, FACS
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Cellulite -- Vaser Smooth, ThermiRF, Cellfina, Fat Transfer, Subcision

During mommy make overs or full body transfomrations we treat cellulite with VASER, cellfina, subcision and fat transfer. I suggest you go to someone who treats all your body including the shape/contour, fat, and cellulite/skin tightening.  Best, Dr. emer.

Cellfina thermi rf

There have been an evolution of treatments. The newest is cellfina which is an in office procedure. Other in office procedures include thermismooth and thermi rf. Thermi rf works through radiofrequency and thermismooth is a multi visit external treatment which tightens skin, reduces fat .It can also be used on the thighs arms, knees and even the face.

Morris Westfried, MD
Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon

Cellfina vs Cellulaze

In my opinion, Cellfina and Cellulaze are the two treatments that have studies to demonstrate long-term effectiveness. Cellfina is excellent at treating cellulite on the buttocks. I don't believe that the treatment of the thighs is as effective. This may be due to the fact that Cellulaze has the ability to tighten the skin to a greater extent. Some surgeons are also able to sculpt some of the fat with the Cellulaze . Look for a surgeon who has experience in treating cellulite. Ask to see their personal before and after photos. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Jeffrey Rapaport, MD
Englewood Dermatologic Surgeon

Cellfina provides improvement in cellulite that lasts!

Hello and thank you for your question. 

Cellfina is the latest break though for the treatment of cellulite. The treatment targets the fibrous bands which are the source of the dimpling in cellulite. It is most effective for the treatment of deep dimples and depressions of the buttocks and back of the thighs. it is less effective in the treatment of generalized waviness. Cellfina is a minimally invasive treatment performed in the office. We are seeing an extremely high level of satisfaction for our patients treated with Cellfina. The investigational studies for Cellfina have just been released and have shown an impressive patient satisfaction rate of 85% at 3 months, 94% at one year and 96% at 2 years. This is a very exciting solution for the many women who suffer from the embarrassment of cellulite.

Best regards,

Andrew Lyos MD, FACS

Andrew T. Lyos, MD, FACS

Cellfina for the tone-time treatment of Cellulite

Cellfina is very good for the treatment of mild to moderate dimpling.  The buttocks and thighs can be treated effectively under local anesthesia in the office, under an hour in most cases, with little to no downtime.