What kind of acne scars do I have and the best treatment for them? Any advise would be greatly appreciated (Photos)

I am a 25 y.o female and hav finally been able to control my acne by exercising and using home remedies after 5 yrs of suffering from it. Now I am left with acne scars and dark spots which just wont budge. I was diagnosed with depression and gained a lot of weight from not being able to control my acne. I know for a fact that achieving clear skin again will help me boost my confidence and live life on the brighter side I hav been saving for a long time and finally hav enuf to go through wit it.

Doctor Answers 3

Rolling atrophic scars of the cheeks and how to treat them

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Acne scars present in so many different fashions. Your scars are essentially atrophic scars and rolling scars that can have some benefit from laser resurfacing but what you really need is going to be the treatment of your deeper layers of your skin. We have a 5-7 step process that can treat all types of acne scars in about 2 hours that we call the acne scar vitalizer treatment. Acne is a multi-layered process and you need to consider all the different layers of the skin and how to treat them in order to get effective results

Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Acne scars on dark skin

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I think you are an excellent candidate for treatment with the Infini. You also might benefit from Bellafill from the more depressed scars. Subcision can be added as well. You have mostly rolling scars.

Steven F. Weiner, MD
Panama City Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 75 reviews

Acne Scar Treatment -- Lasers (Fraxel, Co2, Erbium), Microneedling/PRP, Subcision, Surgical Revision

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}


Jason Emer, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 207 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.