What treatments can I use on a burn scar on my leg? (Photos)

I have two burns scars on my upper thighs (kinda inner part) from 9 months ago, from burning hot cheese. I just was wondering what the best option for the best result I can get for fixing them. They are a darker color then the rest of my leg and the one on my right leg is raised a bit. Opinions on, Lasers? CO2 Fraxel Laser? What would be the best options?!

Burn Scar on Body - Lasers, microneedling, peels, skin care, sun protection

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
This can be improved with lasers, microneedling, peels, and skin care. I suggest using skin protection and avoiding sun exposure to this area. Please see an expert for treatment. Best, Dr. Emer

Scar reduction treatments

Hello. Thank you for your question and photos! There are many different treatments to reduce the size and color of scar tissue. Generally, in my practice, I prefer to use a combination of Microneedling (works very similar to a fractional laser in that it breaks up the scar tissue) and a Genesis laser (which does a good job of reducing the redness in the scar tissue). However, if this scar is keloid tissue, steroid injections may be a better option. Before you decide on a procedure, it would be best to have an in-person consult with an expert who can evaluate the scar tissue itself. I hope this helps, and good luck!

Flora Waples, MD
Denver Physician