How long after weight loss can I enquire about surgery?

I am in the process of losing a considerable amount of weight, I know all of my skin will sag, I am 58 and really want to look bloody fantastic as I never have. Which would be the best surgery to go for first please?

Hello and thank you for your question!
Normally, after a year you would have lost a significant amount of weight that would allow the surgeons to work with. However, it is ideal for a plastic surgeon that you keep your weight stable for at least 3 months. 
In most cases, we start working with the center - Tummy Tuck - which may be a full or incomplete TT, and sometimes this procedure is done with a Breast Lift or Arm Lift. What we suggest, is doing 2 procedures at a time, because of the amount of tissue that is removed and the size of the surgery, in case of massive weight loss, needs to be done by sections.
Please visit a board certified plastic surgeon for further advice and the best and safest results.

Good luck!

When to do lipo

Generally after any weight loss surgery you should lose as much weight at possible to get to a normal weight, i.e. near BMI of around 25 or less. Once you have achieved such a weight in a stable fashion for around a year, you may then proceed with body contouring surgery. In your case, since we see no photos, you may be better served by a tummy tuck versus SmartLipo liposuction. Wait until all the weight is off and then make a consultation with a board certified cosmetic surgeon. Good luck.

Robert L. True, MD
Grapevine OB/GYN