When Will Prevelle Silk Lumps Go Away?

I had Prevelle Silk injected around my mouth about 10 days ago and at first thought I had some decent results but now some lumps have appeared and I am concerned. Will these lumps go away? thanks,,,stacy

Lumps after Prevelle injection

I would definitely follow up with your surgeon and show him or her the lumps that you see or feel. If the lumps are excess product, they can be smoothed out with massage if done early on. They can also be dissolved with injection of hyaluronidase, which is an enzyme that breaks down the Prevelle. You can also just wait and let it resolve without intervention since Prevelle is typically gone within a few months. If the lump is not excess product and is a granuloma or other type of inflammatory reaction, it can be improved with careful injection of steroid. There are also risks to injection of hyaluronidase and steroid as well, so these must be done with caution. Another alternative to the above options is injecting additional product to camoflouge the visible lump until it dissolves. Good luck!

Prevelle Silk lumps may go away after time

Sometimes, specially in the lips, if the injection is done slightly more superficial, you may see the lumps. It is hard to say it they will completely go away with time. You are early enough that I would recommend going back to your plastic surgeon and showing him/her what you are talking about.

When it is early enough, your doctor can massage the lump out.

Hope that helps.

Farbod Esmailian, MD

Prevelle Silk lumps shouldn't last too long

My experience with Prevelle has been positive so far. According to the company info it should go away very quickly. The life span of the filler is few months only any way. I would still try to massage it. Your plastic surgeon will exclude a granuloma formation which i personaly never seen it wih these fillers.Hope that helps!

Hisham Seify, MD, PhD, FACS

Lumps

Prevelle Silk is an FDA approved dermal filler uniquely formulated to temporarily decrease the evidence of fine wrinkles and deep tear troughs. The filler is composed of hyaluronic acid, which is naturally occurring in the body and resorbed over time. Prevelle Silk differs from other fillers in that it does not swell over time and can be injected very superficially, which is perfect for tear troughs and fine lines around the mouth and eyes.

Prevelle Silk treatments are only available through healthcare professionals who are trained and experienced in dermal filler injections. The treatments are given in an office setting, where a very fine needle is guided below the epidermis and into the connective tissues within the dermal area of the face where deep lines and folds develop. There, the filler works like a sponge within the skin, where it also absorbs water, giving you a more youthful appearance.

Prevelle Silk contains a pain-numbing lidocaine anesthetic, which keeps patient discomfort at a minimum. In most cases, Prevelle Silk treatments are performed in just minutes and require little or no down time, although bruising may occur no matter how experienced the injector. Cosmetic results are instantaneous, and the younger appearance achieved in a single Prevelle Silk treatment can last up to 4 months, after which time the body safely absorbs the biocompatible filler.

The rule with filler injections is... if it feels like a lump and looks like a lump, massage it down. If it doesn't go down with massage, it can be reversed with hyaluronidase injections. If it is a lump occuring months after the filler was injected, it could be a granuloma. Granulomas occur rarely and the treatment is steroid injection. Either way, you should speak to your practitioner about your concerns.
My best,
Sheila Nazarian

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Prevelle Silk lumps will likely go away

Sunshine,

Don't worry. Prevelle usually goes away pretty quickly. However, if you have any concerns, you should talk to your doctor. In most cases, give it about two weeks for your tissues to settle and the swelling to resolve before considering any kind of touchup or other intervention.

David Shafer, MD