Here is a better pic of the lines under my eyes.. Any suggestions? (photos)

I desperately need an answer for these lines under my eyes.. They make me look old. I'm 35 years old and apart from these lines above my cheek bones I have very good skin for my age. Will fillers work in this area? Lines are present when my face is still and when smiling.

UNDER EYE LINES

Thanks for you inquiry. This is unfortunately something that a lot of young women and men have to deal with. You have two options. Fillers, as you mentioned, are an option, however you would need an evaluation to determine if they will help fill the lines. Option 2 would be Pro-Fractional Therapy. This is a quick and comfortable laser procedure with little downtime, used for improving fine lines and wrinkles as well as the overall appearance of your skin. A lot of my patients use this treatment in combination with injectables and fillers as well, so option 1 AND 2 may be your option 3!! Regards.

Treatment of volume loss under the eyes

You actually have a couple of options. Your first option would be fillers for lines under your eyes.I typically recommend a hyaluronic acid filler like Restylane Silk for the under eyes which can last up to 6 months. In addition to replacing volume, tightening the skin non-surgically with ThermiSmooth radiofrequency would also be another option for you. Best of luck.

Michael T. Somenek, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bellafill

I would suggest Bellafill which is a soft collagen based filler which stimulates your body to produce its own natural collage and is FDA approved for 5 years.

John Burns, MD