Should I go back to my doctor to seek attention for my 5 week post-op facial laser? (photos)

I am 64 yrs old and 5 weeks post op. I had the most powerful laser on my face. I still have moderate to severe redness without much improvement but my biggest concern is the texture. It is very rough and dry with thousands of little white bumps that have a shiny surface. It looks like scarring to me. I had chicken pox as an infant and shingles as a teen. Is this a complication that needs to be addressed and what can be done to help it?

Time for Aftercare--Redness/Bumps after laser

This is a common "complication" from people who get fractional resurfacing and needs to be treated with oral antibiotics and topical acne medication. I suggest speaking to your physician but this will improve with the right course of short term treatment. Best, Dr. Emer.