Just wondering how best to treat my burn? (photos)

This morning (about 15 hours ago) I dropped an iron on my leg. I'm sure it's fine but just not sure the best way to treat it to minimise the risk of scarring. The image shows the burn on my thigh as it looks now.

Burn Scar on Body - Silicone Based scar gel with growth factors, sun protection

I suggest using silicone based scar gels until the scar has healed, you need a formal consultation with an expert. After 3-6 weeks you can then treat with lasers, microneedling, peels, and skin care. Right now it is important to promote healing and protect it from the sun. Both PDL and IPL help with redness and do not need to be used together. Please consult with a board certified dermatologist. Best, Dr. Emer

Treatments for a fresh burn scar

Start with local wound care, followed by fractional laser and application of Plato's Scar Serum and Melarase creams. 

Dr. Karamanoukian
Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS