Why do I seem to be getting more pimples at 45 years of age?

Adult acne

Thank you for your question. Unfortunately, the idea that acne is only an adolescent condition is incorrect. People can still get acne well into their 40's and 50's, but with that being said, there are other conditions that mimic acne such as rosacea. For females, hormonal changes and fluctuations, such as menopause, PCOS, etc., may play a role in active breakouts. I highly recommend you consult with a board certified dermatologist regarding your acne and to discuss treatment options that best suit your needs. Take care and good luck.