RF / Laser Treatments While Breastfeeding

Why Are Fat / Cellulite Reduction Radio Frequency / Laser Treatments for Body Not Recommended While Breastfeeding? Thx. 

Addressing Stubborn Unwanted Fat

I strongly recommend you consider SculpSure as the primary laser technology to addressing unwanted stubborn fat in the abdomen and flanks regions.

SculpSure is the only FDA-approved laser to provide the quickest treatment (25-minutes) and easiest recovery (none). Patients complete the treatment and walk out of our office ready to resume their ordinary activities. Sculpsure is a non-invasive lipolysis device that leverages controlled and targeted hyperthermic laser. The technique dives past your dermis for minimal absorption and then penetrates deeply to destroy subcutaneous fat.

Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cellfina is the ONLY Effective Cellulite Treatment That Works!

There is only one truly effective and proven lasting cellulite treatment out there, and that is CELLFINA. All of the other lotions, potions, creams, treatments, radio frequency devices, including Cellulaze, are at best, mediocre, and, in many cases, completely worthless. Cellulaze is a laser-based procedure that has a much higher complication rate, as well as a much lower patient satisfaction rate, so that answer is pretty clear. CELLFINA is the only cellulite treatment that has a proven track record of 96% patient satisfaction at 2 years post treatment. Nothing else is even remotely as effective as Cellfina. I have attached a link to my website, explaining how this remarkable system works. There are patient testimonials and schematics reviewing the details of this remarkable breakthrough treatment. Also, Cellfina is a single session procedure that is done under local anesthesia with little to no pain! Thank you for your excellent question.

Steven M. Gitt, MD, FACS
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Cellulaze 6 months after pregnancy

If interested in the Cellulaze procedure then I would wait until after your pregnancy. You are not allowed to be breast feeding until 6 months post procedure. After 6 months consult with your surgeon to be sure you are a candidate at that point.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Brazilian Cellulite Treatment for cellulite on the buttocks and thighs

I would advocate the Brazilian Cellulite Treatment that works to percutaneously release fasciocutaneous bands that cause cellulite. This may appropriate for women that are breastfeeding. An examination prior to schedule would be appropriate.

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Breast Feeding and cellulite reduction

Thanks for your question.  Patients that are breast feeding, or are pregnant for that manner, are difficult to include in studies, as no investigator wants to be responsible for harming an unborn child or newborn.  Since cellulite procedure are elective and not life-threatening, board certified plastic surgeons will defer elective procedures until you are not breast feeding and your weight has stabilized.  Once you are ready for the procedure, I would recommend Cellulaze for your cellulite.

Cellulaze is the first FDA approved minimally invasive, one-time treatment for cellulite.  It utilizes a 1440 nm side-firing laser fiber optic to treat the three main causes of cellulite:  It breaks down the fatty bulges, then cuts the fibrous septae that cause dimpling, then finally stimulates the dermis to shrink and thicken in order to improve the look of you cellulite areas.

Good luck in your endeavors!

Robert Kratschmer, MD

Avoid cosmetic treatments when breast feeding

As cosmetic treatments are elective, it makes most sense to defer the treatments until you have finished breast feeding.  The companies that manufacture these devices wouldn't get approval to do a study, or they wouldn't want to take the liability in case there were a problem with your baby, even if it couldn't be proven that the device was the cause, it would be hard to prove and they might have to incur a financial loss from settling, so most companies won't have anything to do with recommending such procedures at the time a woman is pregnant or breast feeding.

Ronald Shelton, MD
Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon