Treatment for Acne scars and large pores? (Photos)

So I had been going to see a derma regarding acne and what he did was he pooped the pimples with sterilized needle I suppose but it left massive massive pores on my face and the acne has still not gone. Which treatment can I get done for the redness,large pores and textured skin?

Acne Scars and Large Pores treatment?

At our practice we use the VBeam Perfecta laser to improve the appearance of redness, roscea, acne rosacea, acne, acne scars and large pores.  This would help your skin appear less red and inflamed as well as cut down on the oiliness and appearance of large pores.  

For acne scars we could do any number of treatments.  Specifically the CO2RE fractionated CO2 laser and/or microneedling.  Chemical peels would help reduce the acne and breakouts.  I would also suggest a home regimen that included alpha hydroxy/beta hydroxy acids such as Skin Medica's AHA/BHA Exfoliating Cleanser and Cream as well as Sente' Bio Complete Serum to smooth and tighten the skin.

Hope this helps.  Good luck.

Large Pores

There are several different skin care options for you. My first recommendation is to get started with professional at-home skincare products suited for your skin type. Your specialist should also discuss the many different factors that could be affecting your skin negatively, such as diet, cosmetics, or something medical related. Something happening with your body could be reflecting in your skin. After this, the next step is to discuss treatments with a skincare professional. Although lasers and fillers could work wonders for your skin, there are several other less aggressive treatments such as chemical peels and microdermabrasion if lasers and fillers do not agree with your finances. The more aggressive the treatment is, the faster you will see results. Your skincare specialist will educate you further on options and which is best for your skin, as everyone's skin has to be treated differently. 

Edward E. Dickerson, IV, MD
Fayetteville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Start with the active acne

The best sequence is to start by getting the active acne under control with topical medications and a good skin care regimen. You may need oral medications as well. Only then consider spending money on the scarring. A combination of laser treatments and microneedling is effective in most cases. 

First step is to see a physician with experience treating acne and acne scarring. 

Take care, 

Dr. Norcom

Derek Norcom, MD
Portland Physician

Getting the right combination for acne scarring with lasers, microneedling/prp and fillers

I suggest you get a formal evaluation with a cosmetic dermatologist who can give you a plan for both acne and scarring. There are many combination of treatments that can be used such as fractional lasers, microneedling/PRP, fillers, and vbeam/pulsed dye laser to improve texture, tone and appearance.  Likely you will need TCA Cross as well.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Improving acne and scars

The acne needs better control. Topicals, orals, laser might be needed. I use an Excel V laser for red acne and acne scars. If the scars are mature, I use the Infini for them. See link.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Acne Scars and Pores and Best Treatment

Your acne is severe and you appear to need either an oral antibiotic, or Accutane to control the acne.  Lasers such as eMatrix or Fraxel will help heal those scars.  Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green