Surgery to reduce the size of the back of my head? (photo)

Is there a relatively non-risk surgical procedure that can reduce the size of the back of my head? I realise that this question may be attributed to psychological issues and not simply to physical ones, but I truly believe that this aspect of my head-size is not natural, and that there may be an underlying cause.

Back of Head Reduction

The size of the back of the head can be safely reduced by bone burring to reduce the convexity of the occipital projection.

Reducing your head

No. There is no surgical procedure for this. Your head looks perfectly normal in your picture. I think you are on track with the psychological issues and would recommend that you explore why you don't like the back of your head. This is a bit unusual as you can't see the back of your head without photography or some fairly extensive use of mirrors. You may have a bit of body dissatisfaction. 

Tracy E. McCall, MD
Milwaukee Plastic Surgeon