I would like to know the best option to get rid of my neck fat? (Photos)

I've tried losing weight but even though I lose weight but the fat around my neck always seems that remain. It does make me look a huge amount bigger than I actually am and does make me massively self conscious.

Best way to get rid of neck fat?

Thank you for asking about your neck fat.
  • Your excess fat extends across your neck -
  • Your best result will be with liposuction.
  • Your thyroid gland function should also be checked if it hasn't been already - your GP can do this with a routine test.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Double Chin Treatment / Laxity-- SmartLipo/VASER/ThermiRF, Botox, Venus Legacy, Kybella, CoolMini

Vaser/ThermiRF do great for this type of neck that requires fat reduction and skin tightening.  I suggest a formal consultation to determine what is best.  Dr. Emer.

Chin liposuction neck

Lipo with micro cannula in my hand would have amazing results.  However, a physical examination of the neck is essential to make sure if it is all fat or other structures contributing.

Afshin Farzadmehr, MD

I would like to know the best option to get rid of my neck fat?

Thank you for sharing your question and photograph. Based on the distribution of your excess adipose tissue I would favor liposuction to treat the entirety of your neck in a single stage.  Hope this helps

Liposuction of the neck

From the photos that you included with your post, it appears as though you might be a good candidate for liposuction of the neck and sub mental region.  The one caveat when determining whether liposuction for this area is appropriate is the quality of skin and how we, as board certified plastic surgeons, believe that the skin is this region will or will not contract afterwards.  Some patients only require liposuction for better neck and jawline definition, while others will subsequently require surgical (i.e. neck lifts) and/or non-surgical (i.e. ultherapy) interventions to deal with lax skin.  
As an alternative to liposuction, Kybella would be another great option.  Kybella is a series of injections, typically over the course of 2-3 treatments spaced out 6-8 weeks apart, that work by breaking down the fat cells in the sub mental region.
I would recommend scheduling a consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon to further discuss your concerns and cosmetic goals.  I hope this helps and best of luck!

Treatment for neck fat

Liposuction is the fastest and least invasive method of contouring the neck and the area under the chin. If you do not want to have surgery or have no time for recovery (about one week plus or minus a few days), then Kybella can be considered. This is an office procedure where a substance is injected directly into the fat with a small needle, and the fat begins to dissolve over a 4-6 week period. Most patients need at least two treatments 8 weeks apart. There are other non invasive treatments like ultrasound, but the results can be inconsistent. Speak with your plastic surgeon about all the optoions.

Gustavo E. Galante, MD
Schererville Plastic Surgeon

Neck options

Thank you for your question. Based on the picture laser lipo to your neck and chin area may give better result. If you still continue to have loose skin after skin months may need surgical intervention to tighten.

There are few options but for you the best would be liposuction( regular or laser liposuction). The other options are Kyballa and cool scalping but you need liposuction of neck and jaw line to get the best results. 

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Candidate for liposuction

It would appear that you are a reasonable candidate for liposuction. Here is some helpful information about Lipostuction: If you have excessive subcutaneous fat, which is resistant to diet and exercise.
If you wish to change the contours of your body. Commonly involved areas are the anterior part of the neck (under the chin), upper arms and armpits, male chest/breasts, trunk abdomen, waist, hips, thighs, inner knees, calves, and ankles.
Most patients are near normal weight and desire permanent contour changes. Patients with average weight, localized fat collections, and healthy elastic skin are the best candidates for liposuction. Obesity, cellulite, or loose, sagging, and inelastic skin are several conditions which may tend towards less desirable results. In fact, these problems may be worsened by liposuction. Unfortunately, many individuals performing liposuction are not trained in other techniques of body contouring and may not have the experience to recognize that a different procedure (such as a tummy tuck) may provide a better result for the patient. Suction Assisted Lipectomy (SAL) may be used in conjunction with other body contouring procedures, such as breast reduction, tummy tuck, thigh lift, or facelift.