29, years of smoking and drinking! Is there any treatment to prevent or prolong this aging process?

I have fair irish skin, now 29, after smoking and drinking for many years (from quite a young naive age. I can see fine micro lines amongst my lower cheeks, between my nose and upper lip and thining under my eyes! The appearance isn't too noticeable now but I know it won't be long until this will eventually progress into a very ageing face! I would like to know the best treatments for fair skin that would have the least chance of long term damage as I know some can be quite severe on delicate skin!

Preventing Visible Sings of Aging

Based on your description, I think you could really benefit from several sessions of preventative laser treatments to help build collagen and diminish the fine lines and wrinkles. I would recommend 3D laser, which is a combination of two lasers, Collagenesis and Vbeam, used in combination to build collagen and tighten the skin. The first laser works on a slightly deeper level and the second is slightly more superficial and together they provide a three-dimensional tightening and collagen building effect. As a bonus, this procedure is non-invasive and involves minimal discomfort with zero downtime - you will leave the office looking radiant and refreshed and begin to see the results over the next several weeks. For the best results, we recommend a series of three treatments, each spaced 2-4 weeks apart. 

Wrinkles

First of all, you must stop smoking and drinking!  I then recommend a good skin care regiment with a moisturizer, SPF, and exfoliation.  Also you should drink plenty of water daily and get sufficient sleep.  From a medical perspective, you have several options to treat and help prevent the aging process.  Depending upon the location, you can try local treatments like Botox, or more global treatments like Ultherapy or lasers like the Fraxel.  I would make an appointment with a cosmetic specialist to discuss your options.  Good luck!

Full facial rejuvenation with lasers, microneedling/prp, RF, Sculptra, Kybella, Ultherapy

There are some great options for aging prevention. I find that a combination of lasers or RF, sculptra for collagen building, microneedling/prp and skin care help the skin rejuvenation and prevent aging. Kybella, Ultherapy and/or ThermiRF treatments (Venus Legacy) would be non-invasive options that would do well in combination for skin tightening.  Please see a cosmetic dermatologist for a long term treatment plan.  Best, Dr. Emer.

How to reverse years of smoking and drinking damage to skin

The absolute best solution to reverse this process is to stop drinking and smoking. Many of the procedure we do depend on the body to create collagen and it is very impaired in a smoker. Starting on a good skincare regime that is prescribed by a physician is key. Chemical peels and possibly Botox, Fillers, Lasers can be used as well. See a skin specialist to start the journey.

Steven F. Weiner, MD