I'm very self conscious about my acne scarring, I have it on my face, chest, and back. (Photo)

I believe facial scarring can be treated but can scarring on chest and back as well? I also have 2 keloids in the middle of my chest which are over 20 years old and I've used silicone sheeting and it has helped somewhat, can the deeper scars be treated anyway?

Acne Scars on Body and Face and Best Treatment NYC

I am sorry that you have such extensive acne scars but I have found a combination of Fraxel and eMatrix to be the best treatments for these type of scars.  Microneedling with PRP can also be quite effective. Please consult an expert. Best, Dr. Green

Acne Scars

For the scars on the face, I would consider TCA CROSS.  This involves pinpoint application of TCA (trichloracetic acid) into each small scar.  Sometimes the best treatment is not the latest high-tech device but a time-honored technique that is proven to work in experienced hands.  
Regards,
Dr. Ort

Richard Ort, MD
Lone Tree Dermatologic Surgeon

Acne scars face and chest

My go to device for this is Infini. After 3 or so treatments, improvements will be seen. More treatments might be needed. Deeper scars can be filled with Bellafill. 

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Acne Scarring

Based on the type of scarring you have, resurfacing treatments would be appropriate for you.

There are several options and are usually based on downtime/cost. Less aggressive treatments with less downtime post-procedure usually mean more treatments may be necessary but can have just as good of results. Options include fractionated CO2 lasers (most aggressive), Fraxel dual laser, Microneedling and Clear and Brilliant.

Most patients in our practice choose Fraxel treatment(s) or microneedling which I believe would both be good options for you. Talk to your board-certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon who frequently performs these cosmetic treatments to go over the differences as far as expected number of treatments, results, and healing time.

Hope this helps.
Robert Bacigalupi MD

Robert Bacigalupi, MD

Acne scars on the chest

I would begin with a combination program including Clear and Brilliant laser and Ematrix RF to help improve your skin tone and acne scars. 

Dr. Karamanoukian
Realself100 Surgeon

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS