What can be done for 24 years old with bad skin under eye- crepey, wrinkled and dark? (Photo)

I am only 24 years old, and have really bad under eye skin. It is crepey, has many wrinkles, dark circles and bags. I'd say it basically looks like the under eye area of a 50 year old. I don't smoke, try to keep hydrated and stay out of the sun. I was previously on two Accutane sessions and not sure I protected myself enough from the sun. What can be done to improve the skin quality at my age? The situation is very depressing. I want to avoid surgery or temporary fixes as i'm only 24...

Doctor Answers 2

Dark Circles, Eyelid Wrinkles/Bags Treatment -- Restylane or Belotero with Cannulas, Clear+Brilliant, Eclipse Micropen, Viva

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
The eyes are best treated with a combination approach of fillers, lasers, microneedling/PRP for improvement. Ultherapy/thermage, venus legacy all do well for swelling or puffiness. I would suggest consulting a board certified dermatologist.  Best, Dr. Emer

Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 204 reviews

You don't need surgery

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Most of what bothers you about your lower eyelids is your own inherent anatomy.  I don't think its anything you have or haven't done.  Dark circles can be improved with some selective BBL or laser treatments to address reds or browns..they will also help with skin texture.  Hyaluronic based fillers for the troughs would also be helpful...go to a plastic surgeon or dermatologist with good experience with this..there is a fine art to doing it well and choosing the right filler.  Topicals like SPFs for your eyelids will be able to protect your eyelids moving forward.

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.