I have a small, hard bump on my forehead that won't gone away. How long will it take to heal?

I hit my head hard walking into a glass door two months, for a few days I had general swelling which has reduced to a small, hard bump on the upper left side of my forehead. I apply pressure on it and it flattens and becomes wider but does not go away completely. The bump raises up again the next day. Is applying pressure on the bump prolonging the healing time and should I stop doing this? How long does it usually take to heal and what kind of doctor do I see to examine the bump?

Plato's Bruise Balm for a forehead hematoma

This likely represents a hematoma based on the history you provided. I would massage Plato's Bruise Balm on the area and allow it to self resolve. 

Dr. Karamanoukian

Los Angeles