Is fat transfer to the hands safe? (Photo)

I'm young but I've always like the full appearance of hands... I'm thinking about having fat transfer to my hands but I'm worried about the effects and I can't seem to find enough answers about it. I appreciate your suggestion: thank you

Fat Transfer to hands

Fat transfer to the hands is a very safe procedure used to minimize the appearance of veins and tendons in the hands.   It can be done with local anesthesia and light sedation. Best of luck to you.  Dr. Michael Omidi

Fat Transfer to the Hands

Not only is fat transfer to the hands safe, it is an excellent procedure with very good results. It is most indicated for people with loss of fat with prominent veins and tendons, neither of which you have. If you really want to pursue this, make sure you see someone with significant experience in fat grafting.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Is fat transfer to the hands safe?

Dear louja

Fat transfer to the hand is safe but has slightly higher rate of complications than some of the other locations. The main one is lumpiness and unevenness. I often tell patients that although significant improvement is achieved in a single session, about 20 percent of patients get a second round of injection for optimal results. The other issue to consider, is if you gain significant weight, the fat will grow.

Afshin Parhiscar, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Hand Fat Grafting

Fat grafting to the hands is both very effective and safe. The fat is placed just under the skin using blunt cannulas. The bones, nerves and tendons are below the level of where the fat is placed. There are no adverse effects on hand mobility or sensation either.