I have been suffering from acne since 18 and it is still continuing and I m 24 now. (photos)

I have tried medical prescription, all types of pacifiers and gone through 6 sessions of chemical peel and 5 sessions of laser treatments but nothing worked on my skin. Acne left me with scars, marks and pores which is disturbing me a lot.I am loosing my confidence. I need help to get rid of this. Look forward for a response

Control acne THEN address scars.

Acne can be treated with peels, vitamin A creams- retinol, as well as good skin care including correct use of cleansers, exfoliants and in females make up. Diet plays an important role in the management of acne, as do supplements such as zinc. If all else fails, a general dermatologist can prescribe medication to address clogged pores, or tablets that decrease oil production, inflammation, and bacteria overgrowth. Once your acne is under control, see a Procedural dermatologist for acne scar revision. For the best results, one should target the acne scar type with ideal treatments. For example deep ice pick scars, and narrow box car scars can be treated with TCA CROSS peels, mixed scars, rolling, and atrophic scars treated with fractional devices such as Fraxel, fractional lasers, PRP and INFINI radiofrequency. Atrophic scars (depressions) can be treated with either fat grafts, or with HA dermal fillers. Tethered and anchored scars are best treated with surgery.

The majority of patients will have a collection of different scar types, and hence a tailored treatment METHOD will be best. Careful examination, especially under angled lighting with scar mapping will give you an understanding of what are the best options for your scars.

Dr Davin Lim.

Laser, surgical & aesthetic dermatologist.

Brisbane, Australia.

Brisbane Dermatologist

Confidence Boosting Treatments for acne/acne scarring with lasers, microneedling/prp, fillers

I suggest you get a formal evaluation with a cosmetic dermatologist who can give you a plan for both acne and scarring. There are many combination of treatments that can be used such as fractional lasers, microneedling/PRP, fillers, and vbeam/pulsed dye laser to improve texture, tone and appearance.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Treating acne scars

It looks like the acne is not very active. The scars can be treated with the Infini. A series of 3 is usually needed. Hyperpigmentation can be treated with hydroquinone, peels, and lasers. Deeper scars might need Bellafill, subcision, and PRP.

Steven F. Weiner, MD