I have a lot of acne and scar marks and mild rhinophyma. What treatment would be best to give flawless skin?

What treatment should I get and how many months after rhinoplasty. I had got rhinoplasty done a month ago. My skin is really oily and there is mild rhinophyma and acne marks and scar marks makes me feel low. Please suggest which treatment is the best. Co2 laser resurfacing or demarsion or something else

Realistic outcomes for flawless skin

Firstly, I tell all my patients that I am unable to give them absolutely flawless skin, but the aim is to get the best results possible. Without a photo it would be impossible to give any advice, except oil can be treated with low dose vitamin A by a general dermatologist. If you have acne scars, the video below explains different methods on how to treat scars. All the best Dr Davin Lim, Brisbane. Australia.  

Brisbane Dermatologist

Acne and Rhinophyma

Without a photo it is difficult to assess but it sounds like you would benefit from a combination of antibiotics and Fraxel or CO2 laser to help improve your skin.  Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

Getting a Flawless Face

This can be treated with a combination of co2 laser, microneedling/PRP, fillers and quality skincare. Please see an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Acne scars and rhinophyma

Hello, first let me say congratulations on your rhinoplasty.  Remember it may take many months to see the true results after rhinoplasty because of swelling, sometimes up to 6 months or a year later.  You have a number of issues to answer.  First, your oily skin needs to be addressed as soon as possible; if you are not already on a good medical grade skin care line you need to do that immediately.  Controlling your oil production is key as it controls future acne breakouts, which limits future scarring and pigmentation.  ZO skin health has specific skin prescription protocols to help control sebum.

Your rhinophyma is a form of rosacea and is external to your nose, so the rhinoplasty did not address this.  Since your nose is in a healing state for many months to come, I would advise no procedures for this at this time.  In the future, your nose can be re-sculpted and refined, with a laser, back to something that more resembles your former nose.  Rhinophyma is a progressive but slow form of rosacea.  I have successfully re-defined  patient's bulbous and deformed noses using the Sciton Erbium laser but, again, it is too early in your recovery to do this.

Acne scarring is best treated by a variety of methods, based on your skin type. First, stop any new active acne with skin care, Accutane (even low dose) and NO picking. Second, subcision along with ProFractional laser or Halo laser would be helpful.  Evening out the skin by lightening the pigmented or reddened spots is also helpful.  

The worst thing for ethnic skin and acne is dermabrasion or trying to "sand down" the areas - that is when PIH (post-inflammatory Hyperpigmentation) or melasma can occur.

Your skin can and will improve with proper care but this is definitely a process and anyone who suggests a "quick fix" should be avoided.  Stay healthy and make goals one step at a time.  Best wishes to you.  Shelby Bentz MD

Shelby Bentz, MD
Bakersfield Physician