Need help to improve my scarring & sun damage. Can you help? (Photo)

Have scarring from as a child growing up & from acne , Want too improve them very soon , As well as my sun Damage skin? At the bottom right you can see where my Facial hair is at, you can see a blotch of my natural skin tone from that point to my neck that's my natural skintone l,But my face is red from from that point up over all my face is red . Help please? Thank you .

Fraxel

Fraxel is a laser skin rejuvenation treatment that resurfaces your outer skin, erasing imperfections. It also encourages the production of collagen, a protein found in connective tissue.The result is clearly visible lines, folds and wrinkles. Fraxel laser skin rejuvenation is a non-invasive technique that affects only about 20 percent of the facial skin exposed to it. The most common side effects of Fraxel laser treatment are swelling and skin redness, which should subside within a couple of days. Other temporary side effects may include minor itching, dry skin, peeling or flaking, and a bronzed skin appearance. The risk of infection or scarring is very limited. You should stay out of the sun 2-4 weeks.

Redness and Acne Scars - require laser treatments

I would recommend you consult a board certified dermatologist with expertise with lasers.  The V-Beam is the gold standard for red scars and the eMatrix will work extremely well on the scars themselves.  It doesn't appear that you will need any other fillers or subcision.  Best, Dr. Green

Acne Scarring -- Requires a Combination of Fractional Laser Resurfacing, Fillers Like Bellafill, Subcision and Eclipse Micropen

You need a cosmetic dermatologist who specializes in acne scarring/pigmentation and does a combination of treatments including: surgery, subcision, or TCA cross for deep or pitted "ice pick" scars; fillers like Bellafill or Sculptra or Radiesse for broad "boxcar" or "rolling" scars; Eclipse Micropen for all types of scars and improvement in texture and tone; lasers such as co2 laser resurfacing or Fraxel/Clear+Brilliant or radiofrequency such as Venus Viva to improve the scars and give long term collagen production. There are many options but you want someone who can customize a regimen for your short and long term goals based on your individual situation. Best, Dr. Emer.

Scarring

There are many options for acne scarring.  Aggressive skin care, microdermabrasions as well as chemical peels will enhance and improve the appearance of the skin. Microneedling techniques will also improve the appearance of the skin where scarring has formed.

Acne Scarring | Pigmentation

Thank you for your question regarding your acne scarring and pigmentation.

After reviewing your picture, there are a few treatment options that would be beneficial.  Topical treatments with acids and retinoids are a good starting point, but tend to be less effective especially for the scarring.  More aggressive treatment options would include the following:

• micro needling 
  • fractionated lasers
  • Peels
To be sure, see two or more board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have treatment.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS