I am 66. The wrinkles under my eyes are driving me crazy. Any suggestions? (Photo)

How to treat lines around your eyes.

Thanks for your photos and question.  For Crow's feet, I recommend Botox injections. These are the lines to the sides of your eyes that are accentuated when you smile. I am not sure you are referring to this lines. The lines under your eyes are a different story. Botox in not a good option here. Treatments to improve the skin are: these include Pelleve (radio frequency), laser resurfacing (Erbium and C02) and micro-needling with Radiofrequency (Endymed Intensif). The ultimate treatment is to remove that loose skin which causes those lines--this is surgery and its call a Blepharoplasty. I recommend you meet with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to discuss your best and safest options.

Treating Wrinkles around the Eyes

Fine wrinkles around the eyes that are present without muscle function are best treated with skin care using Retin-A and then a laser or peel. Using a filler like Juvederm Voluma under the area also can help reduce them.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Wrinkles around the eyes

There are a number of treatment options for wrinkles around the eyes. Temporary treatment can be performed for the side wrinkles with Botox. The loose skin below the eyes can be removed with a blepharoplasty procedure. A CO2 laser can be performed over your entire face to reduce wrinkles and give you a more youthful appearance. There are less invasive procedures for skin tighteneing such as radiofrequency treatments. The list of treatment options is endless. Find a surgeon near you that can offer all these treatment options (surgical and non-surgical). best of luck.

I am 66. The wrinkles under my eyes are driving me crazy. Any suggestions?

Thank you for sharing your question and photograph.  Beyond incorporating a good skin care regimen that includes a retinol and sunblock I would use both botox and dermal fillers to help smooth these small wrinkles and facial creases.  Hope this helps.

Under eye wrinkles

From your photos, I would recommend a combination approach using Botox, Fillers and a skin care regimen which would include Retin-A. You should be able to achieve good results by working with an experienced physician.  Best wishes. 

Pamela Stuart, MD
San Jose Physician

Under Eye Wrinkle Treatments to Stop the Craziness

Dear cretee:

Looking at your photo, my recommendation is to treat the face and the area with a combined approach using Botox, fillers, chemical peels, lasers, good sun protection and maintenance topical retionols.  All the best.

A sanity saving solution for under eye wrinkles--lasers, fillers, skin care, microneedling/prp

I suggest a combination approach with lasers, fillers, skin care and microneedling/PRP for treatment of under eye wrinkles and optimal results. Best, Dr. Emer

I'm 66. The Wrinkles Under My Eyes Are Driving Me Crazy. Any Suggestions?

Thank you for your excellent question and for sharing your photograph.  Sorry that you are having some concerns about your facial appearance.  Based on your photo, I would recommend the use of Botox and fillers in order to address your concerns.  Beautiful and natural results can be achieved.  Please be sure to see an expert injector for an in-person consultation to fully discuss your concerns and your goals and expectations in order to determine the best treatment plan.  Hope this helps and best wishes!

Treating under eye wrinkles 66 years old

I would try a combination of fillers, Restylane, and Botox for this. I use cannulas for less bruising/swelling and for safety. This is an area that can cause problems if not done properly. 

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Suggestions for under eye wrinkles.

Thank you for your question. Those lines on your cheek and under eye lead me to believe you are a happy person who likes to smile. I would try to avoid any neurotoxins (Botox or Dysport). You will want to continue to be able to smile. At Key Laser we have had great success with ThermiSmooth RF (Radio Frequency) to tighten the skin on the face. Typically the best results are seen after a series of 6 treatments scheduled 1-2 weeks apart. This answer should not take the place of an in person consultation. Good luck.

Douglas J. Key, MD
Portland Dermatologic Surgeon