I have raised scars on my chest and back from acne. Would any procedures help improve the appearance of my scarring? (Photo)

Doctor Answers 3

Steroid and pulse dye laser.

These are hypertrophic scars/'keloids' and can be treated with a combination of injections and vascular laser. The aim of treatment is to flatten them with injections, and reduce the redness with vascular lasers such as the pulse dye laser. 

All the best,

Dr Davin Lim
Laser, surgical and aesthetic dermatologist
Brisbane, Australia

Brisbane Dermatologist
4.7 out of 5 stars 77 reviews

Acne Scarring -- Requires a Combination of Fractional Laser Resurfacing, Fillers Like Bellafill, Subcision and Eclipse Micropen

These are keloids and need laser, excision and/or 5fu/steroid injections. I suggest you see an expert.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Jason Emer, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 196 reviews

Raised Acne Scars and Treatment

The best way to treat your scars would be a combination of V-Beam laser and intralesional cortisone injections.  It will take a few treatments but you should have a good result.  Best, Dr.  Green

Michele S. Green, MD
New York Dermatologist
5.0 out of 5 stars 78 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.