Epiduo won't work. Any suggestions?

So I have been using Epiduo for about 7 months and there's no affect. I was told to apply enough all over my face and neck at night daily. Sadly it just doesn't seem to work on my skin. From your experience what topical do you think is best for me. I have sensitive skin, sometimes dry, and pimples and blackheads. The acne is not severe but I have little pimples all around my face. Please tell the products that you actually seen working so I can tell my doctor. Btw I have discolor we skin too. Thank you !!

Acne treatments

Thank you for your question melair. Epiduo is a combination of benzoyl peroxide and clindamycin used to treat acne. The American Academy of Dermatology recommends combining such a product with a retinoid such as retin-A as a first line treatment for acne. We find that many people are sensitive to benzoyl peroxide and we use the A E Skin Acne Max Solution, which contains salicylic acid, clindamycin, niacinamide, azeleic acid, and hydrocortisone. Most of my patients combine this with the A E Skin Brightening Cream, which contains hydroquinone, kojic acid, retinoic acid, and hydrocortisone. Combining these products with treatments such as chemical peels or various laser treatments such as a Micro Laser Peel provides outstanding results for our patients. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Encino Physician