Should I see a plastic surgeon for any hope of improving it or just live with it? (Photo)

Bumps and lumps everywhere, and bothersome in my bra line. Done 5&1/2 yrs ago ONLY on the center area. Almost 60 years old but, this is worse than just normal aging.

Health History More Important Than Age for Abdominoplasty

It appears to me than an abdominoplasty is more important than repeat liposuction. As your skin is pulled tighter, the bumps will improve. It appears that you have a lot of muscle weakness. You will have to be checked for hernias as well. Muscle plication should improve your weakness. If the muscles are too weak, insertion of mesh will help to strenghten the repair.

If you are in good health, age is less of a consideration. With my older patients, I try to shorten the procedure as much as possible. The longer the procedure, the more risk for an older person. Sometimes that means prioritizing procedures.

Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Should I live with it.

This is something that can be significantly improved. No need to live with it. 60 is young. Enjoy life! Go see a board certified plastic surgeon.  You will need a skin advancement and likely a muscle repair as well. It will look much better and you will feel better. 

Grady B. Core, MD
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction revision

It looks like you may be a good candidate for revision liosuction with an abdominoplasty.  The "lumps" could be from scar tissue from your previous surgery and can be smoothed out with additional surgery.  Do not lose hope.  Make an appointment with a board certified plastic surgeron in your area for his/her opinion. 

Should I see a plastic surgeon for any hope of improving it or just live with it?

If the cosmetic appearance of your abdomen bothers you enough to do something it, the contour can be improved.

Keep in mind that following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you what to do without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of each operative procedure may not be in your best interest. I would suggest that you find a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Irregular Abdominal Contour

I am assuming that you had liposuction 5 years ago leaving you with the loose skin and irregular contour. Abdominoplasty will certainly be helpful in improving your abdomen, though it may not take care of all of the irregularities. I do think that it would benefit you a great deal. Your age is not a contraindication as long as you are healty.