How to treat my unhealed red scar on my face? How to make it completely heal and then turn to white? (photos)

Please help me! I still worry about my face, becos it has been 3 months since the traffic injury. This scar face is still red n does not turn to white. Also becos i used many corticosteroids cream last 2 months, it seem stunt n does not heal properly . I really worry if it can become hypertrophic scar. really need help n want to kno" how to make this wound heal n then turn to white color ".

Treating a bright red scar on the face

At this point, I would recommend a combination of fractional lasers and PDL to help soothe the scar. Apply Plato's Scar Serum twice daily. 

Dr. Karamanoukian

Los Angeles

Red Scar

It will likely still lighten up a bit with time, so don't panic.  But if you would like to help it along, see a surgeon experienced with lasers.  A pulsed dye laser is probably the best choice for this.Best of luck,Dr Rodman

Regina Rodman, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Pulsed dye laser for red scar

Usually pulsed dye laser is helpful to improve red scars.  It reduces the vascularity of the scar which diminishes the red color.  This is non-invasive and can be repeated more than once if needed.  I would suggest that you see an experienced laser physician.Regards,Dr. Ort

Richard Ort, MD
Lone Tree Dermatologic Surgeon

Pulsed Dye Laser

From the looks of your scar photos, the redness is the most visible part.  This redness can be improved with laser scar revision using a vascular laser like a Pulsed Dye Laser.  A few treatments, even starting now at 3 months out, can help to alleviate the redness and improve the scar texture.  I would seek consultation from a board certified doctor who know about this technology.

Jason D. Bloom, MD
Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon