Subcison with fillers or w/o fillers? And will microneedling still help after getting those?

I'm getting treated for my acne scars. I had 3 series of chemical peel. The peel helped with hyperpigmentation/redness from past break out. I just got a session of microneedling done. I believe I have rolling scars? If I stretch my scars they disappear. And they are only visible with light above my skin. But overall my skin is clear. My question is, I'm planning to get subcison done. Is it best to do it with fillers or w/o it first? Can I still continue microneedling afterwards?

Subscision, add fillers? ENGLEWOOD Cliffs NJ

In my opinion, subcision can be done without fillers or with fillers. I have a preference to perform subcision with the addition of aspirin one week before treatment. This allows the blood to form a matrix underneath the scar and prolongs results. The usage of subcision with fillers is also an acceptable variant. Some people believe that the fillers will stimulate collagen production. If your scars improve with stretching, then filling should be appropriate. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Englewood Dermatologic Surgeon

Subcision

Subcision alone is a good start and may provide enough filling for acne scars.  If it is not enough, then fillers can be added at the second treatment.  Subcision bruises, but the blood provides filling.  An alternative is Precsion TX laser which provides laser subcsion with skin tightening and less bruising.

Subcision and dermal fillers

I agree with Dr Rapaport, I subcise with or without filler, and yes, I do like the 'aspirin' technique. I do believe that blood, or filler can act as a 'spacer'. Hard to give advice without a full examination, but if you considering the order of doing things, possibly microneedling RF devices first before fillers and subcision. All the bestDr Davin Lim

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist