Acne scars help? (Photo)

Acne scars I'm so over it I want to visit a dermatologist and I want to get straight to the point , what do you recommend would help with my skin problem

Acne Scarring -- Requires a Combination of Fractional Laser Resurfacing, Fillers Like Bellafill, Subcision and Eclipse Micropen

I suggest a formal consultation with a cosmetic dermatologist who can look at your skin and determine the best combination treatment for improvement.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Acne, Scars, and Hyperpigmentation

A combination of acne medicine and topical bleaching agents should take care of the acne and marks.  If there are deeper scars you may need chemical peels or eMatrix. Please consult an expert in scar treatments for the best cosmetic results.  Best, Dr. Green

Active acne and scars

In my opinion, you have active acne , some hyperpigmentation as well as acne scars. You should be evaluated by a board-certified dermatologist to rule out any other causes of  your acne. The active acne should respond to oral antibiotics and topical therapy. Tazorac and salicylic acid are particularly good at treating this type of acne. Should it not respond, a oral antibiotic would be added. A bleaching cream would be helpful to decrease the discoloration. I think the active acne should be under control prior to considering any  acne scar treatments. If there are any depressed scars after the treatment, a combination of subcision,  TCA chemical peels and Infini are recommended. I would pre treat your face with the bleaching cream prior to any procedures. Ask to see pictures  of similar patients prior to undergoing  a procedure . Hope this helps. Good luck.

Jeffrey Rapaport, MD
Englewood Dermatologic Surgeon

Acne scars in darker skin

Combination therapy is needed including topicals, retin A, hydroquinone, and Infini. For deeper scars, Bellafill would be helpful. Laser aren't as safe in darker skin individuals.

Steven F. Weiner, MD