I'm a 56 year old female with pitted scars. What's the best way to fix this?

I'm 56 year old women with pitted acne scars very lightly in my left cheek. In some lighting it doesn't look that bad with makeup but in florenscent light my skin look pretty bad. My right cheek is not as bad as the left. I feel so insecure. I wish I could have normal skin.. What do you recommend. I can't do any costly because I don't have the money...

Doctor Answers 4

Acne Scarring -- Requires a Combination of Fractional Laser Resurfacing, Fillers Like Bellafill, Subcision and Eclipse Micropen

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
TCA cross and or surgical removal is needed for pitted scars although, fillers, lasers and microneedling is needed in combination to get the best overall results.  Please see an expert for treatment.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 203 reviews

Best Treatment for Pitted Scars

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I have found that eMatrix combined with injections for pitted scars is the best way to help treat them.  I would definitely recommend that you consult a professional who has expertise with these treatments for the best results.  Best, Dr. Green

Pitted scars

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
In my opinion, pitted scars can be treated with a few modalities. Often times we need to combine the modalities in a single or separate session. TCA cross, ablative  or nonablative lasers, micro needling and micro needling with radio frequency (Infini)are all  options. A micro needle roller is  often used for continuing the treatment at home . Seek a physician who has experience in acne scars. Ask to see photos of patients. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Jeffrey Rapaport, MD
Englewood Dermatologic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 43 reviews

Acne scars are best treated with Infini

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Infini seems to be the best single device to treat acne scars in my opinion. It will require about 3 or more treatments. Deeper scars can be filled with Bellafill. Please see the link.

Steven F. Weiner, MD
Panama City Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 53 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.