What is a permanent ice pick acne scars treatment? (photo)

Dear doctors, I want you to suggest for me a permanent treatment for my acne scars. most of my scars are ice pick. is infini good treatment for me. do i need filler. please your suggestion will help me

The TCA CROSS Technique Works Well For Improving Ice Pick Scars

The photo is not particularly clear, but there do seem to be a fair number of pit (ice pick) scars. The TCA CROSS Technique, a relatively inexpensive modality, employs 90%-100% TCA placed down the shafts of the pits, which promotes permanent sclerosing and hence narrowing and tightening of pits.

Unfortunately, in my experience, relatively expensive approaches, such as fraxels and radiofrequency devices, have proven disappointing and appear to be backed far more by device manufacturer marketing hype than hard science. Fillers, too, are generally unsuccessful by themselves for treating narrow pit scars as opposed to their value in improving broader based acne scars, such as boxcar and rolling scars.

Make sure to consult with a board certified aesthetic physician with experience and expertise in all forms of scar treatments.  Best of luck to you.

Long term ice pick scar correction

I feel the best for these is Infini. After several treatments, 3-4, if still an issue, consider using Bellafill. TCA Cross is also helpful.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Ice Pick Scars and Treatments lasers, Bellafill, Restylane, Juvederm

A combination of fillers such as Restylane or Bellafill will be needed to fill the scars.  eMatrix or Fraxel would best lasers to treat and resurface the skin.  Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

Michele S. Green, MD

Acne scars

Depending on the severity of your scarring treatment may range from filler with CO2 lasering to microneedling to a chemical peel. The most aggressive treatments involve resurfacing the skin with a deep peel or laser and filling in the depressed scars with filler or fat. Please visit a doctor who is experienced with the treatment of these scars. I have found that your issue is one of the more rewarding things to treat as patients are very happy post procedure.

Aric K. Park, MD