How can I get rid of wrinkles on my neck?

Wrinkle Treatment

Thank you for your question in regards to wrinkle treatments. There are several treatment options depending on your skin type that can help improve the appearance of wrinkles on the neck. Laser resurfacing, Exilis, and even topicals such as Nectifirm can help tighten the neck area. To be sure what is best for you, see two or more board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have treatment. I hope this helps.

Treating wrinkles on Neck

There are several options for treating wrinkles in the neck area.  The best treatment choice depends on several factors including the degree of skin laxity, presence of platysma banding (grimace lines), as well as skin type and color.  Minor wrinkles may respond well to a peel or laser resurfacing, while more severe laxity and banding may best be treated with a surgical neck lift.  Isolated platysma banding may also be carefully treated with Botox as well.  Lastly there are skin-tightening laser treatments as well that may offer some benefit.  I think a consultation with a specialist who can do a physical exam is needed to determine the best treatment.

John Harbison, MD
Omaha Facial Plastic Surgeon

How to Get Rid of Neck Wrinkles

Great question. With most patients concerned with rejuvenating their face, the neck is often times neglected; however it can be one of the most telling signs of age! You can approach wrinkles of the neck a few different ways, depending on the severity of the wrinkles, and if there is also a level of laxity.

One treatment option that serves to directly address the lines and provide an immediate result is filler. Just like we can target and soften specific lines in the face, the same practice can be applied to the neck. For the neck, I typically like to use a thinner, more delicate filler meant for superficial injection such as Restylane Silk or Belotero. You can also inject a muscle relaxer such as Botox in the neck to help soften lines, however this should only be done by a very experienced, skilled physician.

A couple other procedures to look into would be a resurfacing treatment such as Fraxel or eMatrix, as well as a skin tightening treatment such as Thermage. Be sure to meet with a board certified Dermatologist to better explore and understand your options. Best of luck!

Nissan Pilest, MD
Irvine Dermatologic Surgeon

Treating the Neck with 3D Laser

At my practice, we believe the neck deserves the utmost attention, which is why we have the newest, cutting-edge technology to treat patients' concerns regarding the neck. An in-person consultation will be very important in assessing the current condition of your neck as well as understanding your goals in order to create a customized treatment plan that will work for you. One possible option, also one of our most popular treatments due to the incredible results we have been seeing, is our 3D laser. 3D laser is a combination of Collagenesis and Vbeam, both working to build collagen in different ways and on different levels (both deeper and more superficial) for an overall three-dimensional tightening effect. In addition to tighter, more youthful skin, patients will see textural improvements as well. This laser is typically done in a series of three, spaced every 2-4 weeks with minimal discomfort and zero downtime - you will walk out of our office looking refreshed and feeling great. This is just one of the many options we can offer you to improve the appearance of your neck and enhance your confidence.

Dennis Gross, MD

Wrinkles on Neck-Lasers like Fraxel/Clear + Brilliant, RF like VIVA, Peels, Fillers, Skin Care, Neck Lift, Fat Injections

A combination approach including volume/fillers/fat, face/neck lifting or skin tightening, ultherapy, and lasers for complexion/wrinkles can be used. I suggest posting photos and a formal consultation with an expert in facial aesthetics. Best, Dr. Emer.