I've had acne scars for a year. How can I clear them up? (Photo)

I have acne scars for a year and dark spots I've tried a lot products to clear it like derma roller, natural products,products to clear skin it kinda got better but it didn't show a big noticeble change on my scars I use to be more open with people look them in te face now I can't it I have to use makeup everyday to go to school it really affects me,I just wanted to know what can I do to clear my scars and the price of the treatments

Acne Scarring -- Requires a Combination of Fractional Laser Resurfacing, Fillers Like Bellafill, Subcision and Eclipse Micropen

You need a cosmetic dermatologist who specializes in acne scarring/pigmentation and does a combination of treatments including: surgery, subcision, or TCA cross for deep or pitted "ice pick" scars; fillers like Bellafill or Sculptra or Radiesse for broad "boxcar" or "rolling" scars; Eclipse Micropen for all types of scars and improvement in texture and tone; lasers such as co2 laser resurfacing or Fraxel/Clear+Brilliant or radiofrequency such as Venus Viva to improve the scars and give long term collagen production. There are many options but you want someone who can customize a regimen for your short and long term goals based on your individual situation. Best, Dr. Emer.

Acne and Scars and Best Treatment

Thank you for providing the photo.  Since you still have active acne you first must get the acne under control. Otherwise you will be treating the scars, and developing new acne.  I suggest you consult a board certified dermatologist to get the acne cured first.  Then a series of eMatrix lasers would be the single best laser for you to have these scars treated.  Best, Dr. Green

Acne scar expert in Los Angeles

Clear and Brilliant is a mini Fraxel laser that we use to improve skin and acne scars. I would use this in combination with Replenish CX cream, TCA peels, Ematrix fractional RF, and microneedling to improve your scars. 

Dr. Karamanoukian 
Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Active acne and scars

In my opinion you have active acne. I would recommend a salicylic acid wash and topical benzoyl peroxide. If that doesn't improve the acne, seek a board certified dermatologist.
It's difficult to predict how your acne will heal.
Treatment is based upon the type of scars.
Lately,  I have been extremely impressed with a new technology for acne scars. Microneedle radio-frequency with Infini. It works for many types of scars while sparing the epidermis. We also use fractionated lasers.
Good luck.  I hope this helps.

Jeffrey Rapaport, MD
Englewood Dermatologic Surgeon

Consult a dermatologist, laser after

Easy fix... first of all you need to control your acne. A medical dermatologist can go through standard treatments with you. 

The next steps once you get acne under control is to -

1. Sun protect using SPF and sun avoidance 

2. Identify scar type and target them using methods listed in the reference below. In your case I would use Picosure FOCUS 6 mm, 0.71 J cm2, 3-4  passes. 3-4 treatments, every 3 weeks. This remodels your collagen and decreases pigmentation. 

3. Any residual scars, filler. 

That should give you a good result. 

Dr Davin Lim 
Laser and aesthetic dermatologist
BRISBANE, Australia. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

Acne Scarring | Pigmentation

Thank you for your question.  After reviewing your photo, it appears you still have active acne lesions.  I recommend a regimen tailored to your skin type that would help control the active blemishes.  Some of these topcials also help with pigment changes.  Once the acne is controlled, more aggressive treatment options may be warranted, such as:

• micro-needling
  • fractional laser treatment 
  • micro laser peels
The treatments should be tailored to your personal skin-type and complexion.  To be sure, see two or more board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have treatment.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS