Treatment for wide deep boxcar scars? (Photo)

I have a deep wide boxcar scar on my left cheek. I don't like looking into the mirrors. Because sometimes it made me cry. My scar is caused by popping of a huge cyst which formed over a year ago. I am really disappointed. Does co2 laser gives best results? Or suggest me best treatment

Bellafill for atrophic acne scars

Thank you for you question. You may be a possible candidate for Bellafill. Bellafill is a FDA approved 5 year filler for atrophic acne scars. If injected correctly this product gives a nice smooth result and can make a significant difference. Consult with a plastic surgeon and see if Bellafill would be a good product for you. Best of luck! Dhaval M. Patel Double board certified Plastic surgeon Hoffman Estates Barrington Oakbrook Chicago

Hoffman Estates Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question in regards to scarring. Micro-needling with the use of a growth factor serum may help reduce the appearance of scarring. Lasers and specific filler may help the appearance as well. To be sure what is best for you, see two or more board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have treatment. I hope this helps.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Acne Scarring -- Requires a Combination of Fractional Laser Resurfacing, Fillers Like Bellafill, Subcision and Eclipse Micropen

Scars requires a combiatnion approach with lasers, fillers, microneedling/PRP, and TCA cross.  Please see an expert.  Best, Dr. Emer.