Punch elevation for acne scars.

I have some deep acne scars on my cheeks. My doctor suggested me fraxel+subcision and also punch elevation. What is punch elevation treatment? How many percentage of improvement will I get from that?

Treatments for acne scars on the face

It sounds like you need several treatment modalities. I would suggest a combination of Yag laser, skin tightening, subcision, TCA Cross, and fractional RF and fractional laser. Best, Dr. Karamanoukian
Los Angeles

Punch elevation and acne scars

Will make a video on that shortly. Every one does a slight variation of this commonly used procedure. If you have depressed box car scars, or saucer shaped scars, we use a punch biopsy much like a cookie cutter, the sharp edges go through your deep layer of your skin, elevating the scars. I use a steri-stip to hold the elevated skin in place. Improvement will be 30-80%. Really depends on your scars. Once elevated, these scars can be resurfaced. Your doctor seems to know what he is doing if he is suggesting combination treatments, as these give the best results. All the bestDr Davin Lim Laser and aesthetic dermatologist, Brisbane. Australia.

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

Cheek acne scar

The best results from acne scar treatment of the cheeks is usually from subcision, or the release of the scar from below. Fraxel treatments are not usually very helpful.Thanks

Richard Sadove, MD
Gainesville Plastic Surgeon

Acne Scarring -- Requires a Combination of Fractional Laser Resurfacing, Fillers Like Bellafill, Subcision and Eclipse Micropen

A combination approach is needed to get the best outcome. I suggest you see an expert who can get you on a short and long term plan including lasers, fillers, subcision, and skin care. Punch elevation is a surgical procedure that removes scar tissue of acne while minimizing damage to underlying skin. When performed successfully, the base of the acne scar should be parallel to the surrounding area. Fillers like Bellafill or Sculptra or Radiesse for broad "boxcar" or "rolling" scars can also improve atrophic scarring. Please see an expert. Best, Dr. Emer