Acne that won't go away?

I've had acne for a while now and I've tried all methods, tips and advice but won't still go away.. The big pimples have gone but there are still a lot of small ones hanging around that makes my face redden and they all hang around on my cheeks and forehead. Sometimes it itches too. I know it takes time to get in the habit of not doing things or doing this and that.. But are there anyways to get my face more clearer? quicker? Thank you!

Visit a dermatologist if all else fails.

Acne can be treated with peels, vitamin A creams- retinol, as well as good skin care including correct use of cleansers, exfoliants and in females make up. I do not prescribe oral medication, however use low level laser emission devices such as blue light- omnilux as well as a variety of peels to address acne. Diet plays an important role in the management of acne, as do supplements such as zinc. If all else fails, a general dermatologist can prescribe medication to address hormonal issues, or tablets that decrease oil production. All the best, Dr Davin S. Lim. Brisbane. Australia. 

Brisbane Dermatologist

Acne that won't go away?

Thanks for your query. You should visit a dermatologist and work out a treatment plan for your acne. It requires proper medications topical and oral along with chemical peels for a flawless skin. Hope it helps.

All The Best

Ajaya Kashyap, MD
India Plastic Surgeon

Acne that won't go away.

We treat acne starting with some peels, Retin A, and sometimes Azelaic acid. Staying on this should help your acne. There is a point that you may need steroid injections to help calm the cystic acne more.

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Acne that won't go away?

Thank you for your question.  There is an abundance of information regarding acne and acne treatmetns.  Unfortuantely there is a lack of good valid help.  Many promote their latest formula to clear the lesions.  Acne is caused by several factors.  Excess sebum, hereditray tendencies, skin disorders, lifestyle, ormonal factors, and patient manipulation of lesions.  No one treatment fits all patients and theirfor it is important one gets professional help by a Board Certified Physician (Dermatologist or Plastic Surgeon) who specializes in diagnosis and treatment of acne.  I would recommend you search for one and have a visit and get the facts and be educated.  Good luck.

David J. Wages, MD
Peabody Plastic Surgeon

Time to visit the dermatologist!

Hi there, 
If you have tried all ' methods/ tips/ advice' and still seem to be getting nowhere, it is probably the time to seek professional help. No amount of Google's  or friends' advice/ tips/ tricks will replace a dermatologist's role in managing and treating difficult acne.
For many people, acne that occurs during the teen years does get better on its own, but if is persistent/ leads to scarring/ or is severe - then yes, a visit to the dermatologist would greatly help.
Good luck!

Renita (Lourdhurajan) Rajan, MD, DNB
India Dermatologist