My face is red and blotchy what should I do? (photos)

I have suffered with acne for a couple of years now, my forehead used to be awful and my face was clear. Now my forehead doesn't get as bad but my face looks horrendous. I've attached pictures below. What should I do? I've tried using face washes with sacilyc acid and benzoyl peroxide and it didn't help. Feeling hopeless

Acne

Oral medications are often used in combination with topical medications for Acne treatment. Antibiotics such as minocycline, tetracycline, and doxycycline are prescribed to control the growth of bacteria in the skin and in the sebaceous glands.For acne scarring, the fraxel dual is the gold standard for treatment. With the Fraxel,acne scars are improved over a series of 4 or 5 sessions. Vbeam laser treatment can significantly reduce both inflammatory acne and non-inflammatory acne. Following laser treatment, inflammatory acne lesions are reduced by an average of 85% and non-inflammatory acne lesions are reduced by approximately 70%. In addition, the laser will help improve acne scars and reduce redness in the skin. You should see a board certificated dermatologist as soon as possible to find a treatment protocol that works best for you.

Getting ACNE in Control is Possible!

While acne occurs mostly in adolescents and young adults, it is also
recognized in 52% of adults as one of the most common skin conditions in the
US.  Although the exact cause is often a mystery, a combination of multiple
triggers play a role in acne outbreak.These are not only a concern for therapeutic attention, but are known to
cause emotional scars, poor self-image, depression and anxiety. NEW laser
treatments are one of the multiple treatments offered to help with acne and
acne scarring, and can revitalize skin for a clearer complexion and an increase
in self-confidence. Acne treatments work by preventing NEW acne. Treatments take time, but if your skin has not improved after 6-8 weeks, you may need to change your treatment plan.  We like to recommend a combination of several treatments ( including IPL laser, some medical -grade peels or micro-needling and effective products.) Seek a provider that is not only skilled but passionate about treating acne skin care for the best options for you! It is not as difficult as you might think to look perfectly clear again!

Ronald Moser, MD
San Juan Capistrano Physician

Acne Treatment

I would consult a Board Certified Dermatologist in your area to treat your current acne breakouts. Since you have only used over the counter medications it may be necessary to start on prescription strength medications. Dermatologist can prescribe you both topical and oral medications for your condition. If you are interested in doing more than medication there are several lasers that can help with both active acne and the redness you are experiencing. One laser that I find great success with in my practice is Laser Genesis.

Barbara Bopp, MD
New Orleans Dermatologic Surgeon

Stubborn Acne

Your treatment so far has only utilized over the counter strength medications. You should see a board certified dermatologist who could prescribe prescription strength topical antibiotics, retinoids and perhaps an oral antibiotic or Aldactone. If, after one to two months of this approach, you still were not improving, one could even consider Accutane. The good news is, there are a lot of options beyond what you have tried so far.

Edward M. Kramer, MD
Laguna Niguel Dermatologic Surgeon