Acne Due to Polycystic Ovaries? (photo)

hello , I have loads of brown marks all over my face probably because my skin is very sensitive and every time i get a spot it leaves a dark brown spot. I use makeup to hide it when i go out but i need a permanent solution. I used melacare forte cream with 4% hydroquinone for a week but dont see any result. Please help me !!!

Doctor Answers 3


{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}


In our practice and I’m sure every practice has their own way of treating acne scars. We have laser treatments and or a mini facelift to stretch out the skin. We have Profractional laser treatment and micro laser peels. Those procedures will improve your acne scars dramatically. If you want the least invasive and no down time with mild correction a Vipeel can help with that as well.

Beverly Hills Plastic Surgeon

Brown spots from acne

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I would consider topical treatments for extended period including Hydroquinone, retin A, hydrocortisone. I would also consider a serial treatment of chemical peels to speed your skin turnover. At home glycolic peels would be something that I would add.

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Solution for acne and brown spots

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

The key to treating dark spots, or hyperpigmentation, is to get the acne under control. Acne is one of the features of polycystic ovarian sydrome. It will respond to traditional acne medications, but the hormonal component that fuels the acne is often treated in conjunction with an endocrinologist. Acne in darker skin types such as yours commonly leads to increased pigmentation from the inflammation acne causes. A bleaching cream can help, but requires typically months of treatment (not a week) employing a combination of retinoids, light peels, bleaching agents, and absolute sun protection.

Kathleen Herne, MD
Boca Raton Dermatologic Surgeon

You might also like...

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.