Procedure for Deep Line Under Eyes?

As you can see from these photos, there is a deep line as if it needs to be filled or something? I'm not sure if a facelift could work? Eyelift? Or even just a certain filler to sort this out. Thanks for any help.

Doctor Answers 4

Tear trough

Thank you for the picture. The hollowed out appearance can be filled with a hyraluronic acid. in the area the skin is very thin and more out to have lumps. Make sure you go to an experienced plastic surgeon. When I fill this area I under correct and have the patient come back 2 weeks later to help avoid lumps. Sometimes the filler will draw water into it and as i said the skin is very thin.

Long Island City Plastic Surgeon

Tear trough treatment

Some people call this the tear trough or nasojugal fold. There are many options:


  1. Restylane
  2. Juvederm
  3. Radiesse

Autologous Fat

Midface lift

Lower lid blepharoplasty with fat flap/transposition and/or SOOF or malar fat pad suspension

These are just some of my recommendations and other options are available.

Otto Joseph Placik, MD
Chicago Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 81 reviews

Lower lid depression

The are you are describing is the nasojugal groove  This can be camouflaged with facial fillers  or fat.  A facelift will not improve this area.

Steven Wallach, MD
New York Plastic Surgeon
4.1 out of 5 stars 28 reviews

Lower Lid Fillers

Thanks for providing a picture. A facelift will not affect this area. A lower blepharoplasty may be useful. A less invasive solution may be periorbital dermal fillers. However, make sure that you are haveing an experienced person perform your injection. In my experience, Radiesse injected deep along the bone can help smooth out this area. An anternaive would be an HA, such as Juvederm. The advantage of an HA injection is that if you do not like the results, the HA can be removed with another injection to "melt" the product. Good luck.

David Shafer, MD
New York Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 75 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.