What products or treatments do I need to fix my skin? (photos)

I have areas on my cheeks that are leftover scars from cystic acne. I also have enlarged pores and red acne marks. Ideally, I'd like my skin to look like it is around my jawline. Is that possible? Can this be fixed with products that I can buy or do I need laser, chemical peels, or microdermabrasion treatments? ****I currently follow a morning and evening skincare routine and have seen such positive results so I want to keep going but I'm wondering if I need more extreme methods to fix everything.

Skin products for acne and red spots

I would do some aggressive skin care. Chemical peels could help but you should be conservative with these as too much could make it worse and also lead to scarring.

Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Acne scar treatment

Hi Kristina.  Treating your acne topically is a good idea.  You still have a bit of inflammatory acne (red bumps) which lead to temporary hyperpigmentation.  Along with effective topical treatment which typically includes a prescription retinoid (retinol is a weaker otc alternative) and topical antibiotic preferably benzoyl peroxide in a non irritation form (also available otc)  There are other topicals too such as azelaic acid and aczone that some physicians feel are helpful.  Getting the acne in great control may also require a course of oral antibiotics, typically for 1-3 months.  Often mild acne such as yours will be easier to control with topical after the course.  Once the acne is in control consider a series of Fraxel restore treatments.  They are very safe and can help improve your mild acne.  Microdermabrasion only polishes the skin and in my experience is without benefit. Microneedling is cheaper than laser and has some proof of concept.  

Christopher Dannaker, DO
Monterey Dermatologic Surgeon

Acne and Scars

I would definitely recommend that you combine a retinol or Retin-A based product nightly and a topical Vitamin C serum.  This combination will help your breakouts and help with the redness as well.  Lasers such as the V-Beam will help with the redness and the eMatrix or Fraxel with the other scars.  Please consult an expert for the best cosmetic results.  Best, Dr. Green