23 Y/O Male With Acne Problems/Scars On My Face. I Have a Dark Complexion. What Are My Options?

I Am 23 Years Old Male. I Have Scars on my Face. I Have Acne Problem Since my Teenage. My Complexion Has Also Darken. Kindly suggest me a timely and proper treatment for my problem.

Doctor Answers 3


{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}



In our practice and I’m sure every practice has their own way of treating acne scars. We have laser treatments and or a mini facelift to stretch out the skin. We have Profractional laser treatment and micro laser peels. Those procedures will improve your acne scars dramatically.


Beverly Hills Plastic Surgeon

Acne Scar Treatment for person of Dark Skin

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

The biggest concern is your dark skin and the use of resurfacing that is a mainstay for improvement of Acne Scars. It really depends on how bad your acne scars are. But we can employ excision, subcision, laser resurfacing, dermabrasion, fat grafting, etc. For your dark skin resurfacing should be fractionated and conservative and more treatments are the best approache rather than being aggressive and having more scarring occur or having hyperpigmentation or hypopigmentation.

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Resolve acne before acne scarring can be addressed

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Many people try to address acne scarring before they've even resolved their current acne problem. This is not a viable option or solution. First, you need to see a dermatologist for some prescriptions and regimens to get rid of your current acne. Then, you can begin to address the acne scarring.

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.