$10k to Invest in Myself. What Are The Top Treatments You'd Recommend? Need a Consultant, Not a Specialist.

Suppose you had $10k to put into house repairs. To decide how to best invest your money, you wouldn't talk to the guy who runs electrical cables. First you'd talk to a real estate appraiser or an architect. They may not run cables, but they know how houses are built, and which repairs will best help the resale value for your house. Where is the cosmetic equivalent of this: the knowledgable unbiased expert who is up on all the latest techniques and aspects of beauty, to help me allocate my $10k?

Doctor Answers 2

Plastic surgery

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I think the best thing for you to do is to go for a consult with a board certified plastic surgeon and discuss with him/her what bothers you.

A Plastic Surgery Consultation

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I would suggest scheduling a consultation with a Plastic Surgeon, certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  In order to obtain board certification by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, the surgeons have gone through extensive training and have to demonstrate knowledge and skill in the all aspects of plastic surgery.  I really would not suggest approaching it in terms of dollars and cents (10K), but more as a conversation of what options there are for you and if they meet your expectations.


Good Luck.

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.