What procedures can be done for bad Ice-pick scarring? (photos)

I developed hereditary and cystic acne around age 6/7, thanks Dad. Since, I have had dips, and gaping pores and deep ice pick scarring on my face. I have had 2 intense fraxel laser treatments, which has taken 5 years to lessen the grid scarring it caused! Very little improvement if any, plus it was a bit more painful than I anticipated. Could they be cut out? I feel I'd rather a scar than a hole! - Thanks!

Combination of acne scars

I see all 3 types of acne scars. TCA Cross is good for the ice pick scars. They can be excised but then you are replacing one scar for another. I also like to use Infini which treats all types of scars and is very safe. Bellafill is needed for the deeper rolling scars.

Ice Pick Scars/Acne Scars--Requires a Combination of Fractional Laser Resurfacing, Fillers Like Bellafill, Subcision and Eclipse

Ice pick scarring needs TCA cross or surgical removal.  This is often combined with lasers and microneedling in my practice. You should see a scarring expert. Best, Dr. Emer.

Ice pick scars...

Hi

Thanks for sharing your concern. Ice pick scars can be treated . You will be benefited by TCA  cross . TCA peels are exclusively modified to treat acne scars by which the scars can look better. TCA peels are generally well tolerated and the complications are minimal when it is under a medical supervision. I recommend you to consult a cosmetic surgeon or a dermatologist.