What can I do for my mild acne scars? (Photo)

Fractora for Acne Scars

I would suggest Fractora to resurface and smooth your skin's texture. Fractora, unlike CO2 lasers is color blind, meaning it is an acceptable treatment for all skin types - light to dark. The risk of CO2 laser treatment is hyper and hypo-pigmentation. This risk is eliminated when Fractora is used to treat acne scars, plus patients do not have to avoid all contact with the sun for months following treatment. Obviously, sunscreen worn on a daily basis in best practice, but with Fractora, the risk of hyperpigmentation due to sun exposure is not a factor. The Fractora treatment is done in-office and patients are made comfortable with numbing cream applied to treated areas of the face, neck, chest and back. Radio Frequency energy is applied through micro-needles, which serve to ablate the skin thus stimulating collagen and reducing the appearance of scars. Depending on the degree of severity, multiple treatments may be needed for optimal results. Downtime consists of swelling for 3-5 days post-treatment with the appearance of micro-lesions and slight redness lasting for up to 15 days. Makeup can be worn 1-2 days after treatment to easily cover up during the healing period. After treatment our patients are put on a skin care regime that consists of products to prevent further acne breakouts, lightening products if needed and those to keep the skin moist and supple. Acne scarring can detract from one's natural beauty and undermine self-confidence. Fractora is a safe and effective solution that has our patients smiling again and beaming with confidence. 

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Hidef Acne Scar Treatments in Los Angeles

I would begin with our Hidef Acne Scar Treatments which include fractional laser, fractional RF, Yag laser, skin resurfacing, skin tightening, subcision, and fillers. Best, Dr. KaramanoukianLos Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS