What options do I have for treating my acne scars? (Photo)

Hello, I come to you as a 25 year old who has struggled with acne scars since I was a teenager. I had bad acne when I was younger, and the scars it left have really crippled my self confidence, to the point where there is hardly a time when I don't think about them. I have been to 2 dermatologists that both have differing opinions as to the optimal treatment. So, I have come here to attempt to get a consensus on the best method forward. I sincerely appreciate any advice you may have! Thank you!

Acne Scars

A combination approach is needed for such severe scars.  A combination of fillers such as Sculptra or Bellafill would help produce new collagen and fill in these deeper scars.  Ematrix laser would help with the surface as well as PRP and micro needling.  It is best to consult an expert for these types of scars.  Best, Dr. Green

Acne Scarring -- Requires a Combination of Fractional Laser Resurfacing, Fillers Like Bellafill, Subcision and Eclipse Micropen

Fillers , lasers, TCA cross, subcision in a combination do very well for this type of scars.  Please see a cosmetic dermatologist with experience.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Acne scar treatment

You have fairly severe scarring. I think the Infini is the best treatment on the market currently. I would treat at least 3 times with the Infini. After that, some of the remaining deeper scars can be treated with Bellafill. Please see my link.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Acne Scar Treatments

Thank you for your question.  There are numerous treatments available to treat acne scars (microneedling, laser, subcision, PRP, filler) and often a combination of treatments are required.  Therefore, it is not surprising you got 2 differing opinions and even here you will likely get different options.  In addition, people respond differently to different treatments.  Based on your photos, I would suggest a combination of subcision, fractional resurfacing laser (either ablative or nonablative) and PRP.

Good Luck!
Dr. Shah

Sejal Shah, MD